- Settings Switcher has been tested with Visual Studio 2012, 2013 and 2015 CTP.
- Express editions and earlier versions of Visual Studio are not supported.
- Solution Settings Files (see Documentation for details.)
NEW IN THIS RELEASE
- This release is just a fix for v1.3 that prevented it from working in VS 2012.
NEW IN PREVIOUS RELEASES
- Relaxed the Visual Studio and .NET Framework version constraints to allow installation of this extension in versions newer than Visual Studio 2013 and .NET 4.5, even though they may not have actually been tested yet. (Please report any problems that you have installing in newer versions of Visual Studio. Thanks!)
There are two ways to install Settings Switcher:
DOWNLOAD FROM CODEPLEX
- Download the installer (.vsix) from the link above.
- Close all instances of Visual Studio.
- Double-click the .vsix file to install Settings Switcher.
- Start Visual Studio and go to Tools > Extensions and Updates....
- Expand Online in the pane on the left side.
- Select Visual Studio Gallery.
- Search for "settings switcher", without quotes.
- Click the VS Settings Switcher by Dave Sexton extension in the search results.
- Press the Download button to install it.
- Restart Visual Studio if prompted.
See the Documentation
tab for instructions.